"Food for those who are hungry,
Conversation for those who are lonely,
Rest for those who are weary"
Top 10 Reasons to Donate to the Community Kitchen
10. In Colorado 1 in 7 households do not always have enough food. In 2013, we celebrated 17 years of helping to make sure Loveland residents in need have a hot meal at least once a day.
9. The Community Kitchenprovides more than a meal. Our mission is "Food for those who are hungry, Conversation for those who are lonely, Rest for those who are weary"
8. We provide a hot meal to anyone in need, and while donations are greatly appreciated, we will not refuse service for a lack of ability to pay.
7. In 2013 we have served over 20,000 meals, and anticipate an increase in 2014
6. To further meet the needs of those in our community, we began serving breakfast on December 2nd. This has helped patrons start their day with a nutritious meal, allowing them to focus on improving their lives and not hunger.
5. Our program has 1 paid staff person and is run almost entirely by volunteers; we rely on over 300 generous volunteers to serve meals to our patrons.
4. Through our collaboration with Meals on Wheels of Loveland and Berthoud, we are able to further maximize donations. From sharing a building, to purchasing meals at cost, this collaboration allows us to keep overhead costs low, and provide meals that are prepared by an experienced culinary staff and overseen by a registered dietitian.
3. Hunger doesn't have just one face, it has many. From the homeless man living out of his car, to the single mom and 3 children who visit the Kitchen on a Saturday when school is out, to the shift worker who sometimes finds it hard to both pay rent and buy food. Hunger can affect anyone at any time.
2. 100% of your donation will go to support our mission of feeding those in need.
And the #1 reason to donation to the Loveland Community Kitchen is...
1. Because it feels good to help others.
Click logo to donate:
Location : 427 N. Garfield, Loveland, Colorado 80537 [click for map]
Mailing address: P.O. Box 3033, Loveland, Colorado 80539-3033
Hours of service:
11:30-12:30 Monday - Friday
3:00 - 4:00 Saturday & Sunday
Closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas only
All are welcome, no paperwork needed, donations accepted but not required.